Join Online Today!Click here
The April board meeting will be held at the GPNA Center, 1094 E Kentucky Street. The agenda has been shortened for this month due to an important city government meeting that will start at the same time at a different location. Both meetings will start at 6 PM. The city will allow those who have proposals for re-use of the old Urban Government Center on Barret to share separately their plans. As we understand it there are 5 proposals the city has in hand at this time. This meeting will allow for the community to know what each is about and will also allow for those there to speak up. The city's meeting will be held at the Main Library, which is off York Street. The GPNA agenda will include updates on a Brightside effort that Kathleen Davis is leading. This effort will take place Saturday, April 15th at 10 AM and will focus on clean up of 1000 block of Charles Street. If interested in helping for this please email me at email@example.com and I can hook you up with Kathleen. Our agenda for the 17th will include discussion about the operational grant the city just approved to help with the maintenance of our GPNA Center. We will also be talking about how we can best support the SACC Farmers' Market that will be opening soon. All GPNA meetins are open to the public and we welcome you to attend. You can also keep up with us at our Facebook page- https://www.facebok.com/GermanParistownNeighborhoodAssociation/
for the March 20th Board of Directors Meeting- was held at The Center, 1094 E Kentucky Street. Here is a summary of the results
Treasurer's Report given and passed
Minutes for November 2016 board meeting given and passed
Review of 2017 Work Plan
- 2017 calendar for board meetings and 2017 budget were presented and passed. The next general membership meeting will be in June. Date to be determined later
- The operation grant from the city was being steered by Pat Mulvihill's assistant Geoff Wohl. The support to assist us came from Pat, Barbara Sexton Smith and S Brandon Cohn. The board thanked them.
- It was agreed the board would remain involved and work to provide input on the city's efforts to assure re-use of the old Urban Government Center Complex, with MSD about their closing out the Beargrass Creek/Basin project, to see implemented the Goss Avenue Improvement Plans including the new signage, new landscaping by Kroger's entrance and possibly changing traffic patterns to slow traffic, and gaining the latest on the Bradford Mills Apartment being ready to open.
- Police Issues were a main topic with one address on 1100 block of Rammers Av being a major focus as to how the city could help
- A brief discussion of the 2017 Shotgun Music Festival planning took place. It was agreed that Steve would work with Laura to present to GSBA soon. The target date to hold this event is September.
- It was agree that Steve would talk to Bruce about GPNA holding a 2017 version of a "Month of GermanParistown".
- Steve presented that the main focus through April on an annual membership drive would be to business first. GPNA membership covers a fiscal year and starts at June 1 and goes through May 31. So membership renewals are right around the corner.
The board meeting adjourned and all present took part in the Pot Luck dinner.
The General Meeting was called to order by President Judy Magre.
Geoff Wohl of Councilman Patrick Mulvihill's office was called to report 10th district updates and Councilman Barbara Sexton Smith was called to report 4th District updates
After these reports Judy call on out invited speaker Marshall Faulkner of VOA Mid-States to present. He explained the variety and depth of services taking place at 933 Goss Avenue. Marshall is the Program Director there and he noted that there are 13 staff people working out of the address.
Tho meeting adjourned and several stayed to socialize.
Our Bingo is held at the GPNA center, 1094 E. Kentucky Street (40204) Proceeds help pay for our operating and maintenance costs and for our raised gardens in the side yard; and the maintenance at the Jim King Rain Garden.
For a unique experience please come and play.